Friday, January 15, 2010

We're ok



So many of you have sent notes asking how we're doing after this most recent setback. So I thought I would address that. Yes, the news really really really sucks. But we're getting through.

For the first three days or so I think we walked around in a stunned sort of numbness. I couldn't really think about anything else. I was clinging to Mike, not really letting him out of my sight. I sat outside the bathroom while he showered.

It's Mike who's lifting me up. We had this conversation last week:
Me: What are we supposed to do here?

Him: What do you mean?

Me: I mean, are we just supposed to walk around like nothing is wrong?

Him: What do you want to do?

Me: I want to lay in bed and not move.

Him: What good would that do? We have to keep living our lives.


Mike is right. I would say a relative normal has set back in and we're focusing on thinking positive about chemo and keeping up the fight. We have this beautiful girl who needs us and who makes it very hard to be in a bad mood. Mike is still working, covering games in the freezing cold. School started back up this week for me. Julia still demands to be tickled every half hour or so, and one of us will always oblige. We are OK.

It helps that you all are thinking of us too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep up the positive thoughts and we'll keep up the prayers.

Nancy