Monday, January 19, 2009

Some GOOD news

The CT scans show IMPROVEMENT!

Dr. Neel called this afternoon with the news. I literally fell to my knees to thank God. I am still shaking as I type this. When I called Mike to tell him, I was sobbing so hard he thought something had happened to Julia... I can't even descibe the feeling of relief and gratitude.

I don't have a whole lot of details since we'll be seeing the doctor tomorrow. But he said the tumor in Mike's neck has gotten smaller and the lungs look better. So this chemo is obviously having an effect and the plan is to continue. After we see Dr. Neel, we'll be heading straight to the chemo room. This is one time we might be happy to be there.

I know this doesn't mean it's over, far from it. But to finally have some good news was almost more than we could hope for.

Thank you all for your prayers.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mike & Carrie -
That's great news, glad to hear it. Carrie, at least something went your way this week! :)

Anonymous said...

That's wonderful news. I'm so happy for you.

God is good!

Nancy from Illinois

Anonymous said...

I hope I get this right. Not sure if you got my last comment.
Amy Wilcox