Friday, January 2, 2009

A new year





Can you guess what I got for Christmas? A fun little photo editing program called Adobe Photoshop Elements. I've been playing with it for days. It has all kinds of neat tricks for making colors brighter and fixing up your photos. It even has a tool to whiten your teeth. How cool is that?


So I made this collage with some pictures from our holidays. Julia was not all that into opening presents on Christmas morning, but she loved playing with everything once they were unwrapped. It was so warm here on Christmas Day that we took a walk on the beach. I'm still trying to decide how that stacks up to sled riding and hot chocolate...


I made it home from work at 11:40 on New Year's Eve, just enough time to slug down some champagne and kiss my husband when the ball dropped. I'd been thinking of some resolutions -- like de-clutter my garage, eat more vegetables, put an end to soap scum in the shower once and for all -- but I decided none of those things really matter in the long run. No, this year, all I plan to do is wrap my little family in my arms and squeeze really tight.

3 comments:

some asian guy said...

nice job! think of how this can enhance your page design skills! great resolutions. we missed you all at the dm pm farewell bash. as ever, you're all in our prayers. happy new year!

Anonymous said...

Once again, a visit from your anonymous Oncology nurse.

My prayers are with the three of you for this coming year and we shall proclaim and claim a GREAT YEAR FOR THE CHERRYS!

~ Lori ~ said...

Great photos!! Is that your Mom? She hasn't changed! Best wishes for the New Year!