Friday, January 30, 2009

Month in review




I started this month with big plans. I was going to take a photo every single day. By the third day, I was already behind. So this is my compromise -- a collection of photos for each month. We'll see how far I really get with that...

I can't believe January is almost over. It's been a weird month in Florida, with some days so cold we had to break out the big coats and other days so nice we could have tea parties in the playhouse.

Another one of our favorite things this month: coloring. Julia and I will sit at the table for an hour at a time and color away. It is so much fun. However, Julia will only color with a purple crayon. Is that weird? I bought her the big Crayola 64 box, but she's not interested. It's best anyway, because frankly, I really don't want to share. I love all the delicious shades. And there's lots of new names since my youth, like Almost Famous and Macaroni and Cheese. I even have my own Sesame Street coloring book. I urge everyone to get get one. It's a great way to pass the winter.

Of course we're still relishing Mike's good news this month. But poor guy. I was looking at the calendar, and the number of doctor's appointments, etc. for him this month was insane. The chemo has caused his blood pressure to spike, so he's having to see his regular physician for that on top of everything else. So the grand tally: Three chemos, five doctors appointments with three different doctors, two CT scans, one ultrasound and four lab visits for bloodwork. Enough already!

No comments: