Monday, November 24, 2008

Rock star



This is my husband four days after chemotherapy: in a bounce house with his 2-year-old. Seriously. He is so tough and determined not to let this stupid cancer get him down. His strength amazes me. If I were in his shoes, I probably wouldn't get out of bed. In fact, were it not for Julia, I wouldn't get out of bed as it is now.


We go back to chemo tomorrow. Mike's been feeling pretty good the past couple of days, so hopefully he'll be good to go for a big dinner on Thanksgiving.


Back to the bounce house: Julia was invited to my friend's daughter's birthday party at one of those places with all the inflatable stuff for climbing and jumping. It was sooo much fun. Julia had a BLAST. She went non-stop for more than an hour. I, on the other hand, was beat -- because it was mama who had to do all the climbing to get Julia up to the giant slides. Whew. I was sore and barely able to walk the next day. A sad state of affairs, I tell ya.






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know, they now make those inflatable jumpie-thingies you can have in your very own home. The Delgra children had one in the basement until one of them chewed a hole in it or something and all the air leaked out. Want me to send you guys one? Then you could bounce all the time!

Kriswisemaramba