Monday, October 1, 2007

Happy fall





So, I've been feeling really homesick lately, because I love autumns back home. The chill in the air, the beautiful yellows, reds and oranges, wearing sweaters, baking pumpkin bread, pumpkin ice cream from Ellen's....


But I'm starting to appreciate Florida "falls" too. There aren't pretty leaves or anything, but it is the time of year when we can actually enjoy the outdoors. The temperatures are out of the 90s, the stifling heat gone, and some days, there's even a cool breeze. So I made myself some pumpkin muffins, bought a pumpkin candle and headed outside. Julia and I have been laying in the hammock, taking lots of walks, going out to lunch at outdoor restaurants, hanging out on the patio with Nana -- all the stuff it's too hot to do in the summer months.


So it's not the same, but it's not soooo bad....



No comments: