Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Quick update

We are so happy having Mike home. He continues to feel better every day and is making progress. He's eating more and moving around better. Julia and I even dragged him out to lunch the other day.

We saw Dr. Neel on Tuesday, just for a follow-up. He says Mike is still way too weak to get back on chemo right now. He wants to him to spend the next two weeks or so recovering. He'll get a CT scan next Friday and then we'll decide what to do next.

He did remark that the lump in Mike's neck feels like it has shrunk, A LOT. We're not going to get our hopes up, because we thought for five months that everything was OK and it turned out the cancer was growing. But you can barely see that thing.


So if there's a miracle to be worked, it will be that the tumors have shrunk enough from this one round of chemo that he won't have to go back on it for a while. Fingers crossed.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like good news carrie. I think about you and Mike and the little one a lot. Have faith.

Bob K

Jennifer said...

Carrie, I have been thinking of you and Mike a lot lately. I finally refound your blog site to catch up with what is going on. I am terribly sorry to hear about all of Mike's problems. You have shown great inner strength dealing with everything and I hope you get some normalcy back into your life very soon. Luv ya both, Jennifer Joslin

some asian guy said...

crossed and prayed. good to hear. hang in there.

Unknown said...

Hi Mike and Carrie,
It's cousin Amy form Pennsylvania. I read your blog often. Hope Michael is getting stronger everyday. I pray for him a lot!
Wish I could see you all! I would love to meet your beautiful daughter!
Love and miss you,
Amy Wilcox