Sunday, February 8, 2009

Can't she stay little?




I'm having mommy anxiety. Julia is growing up way too fast and I don't know how to make it stop. Can anyone help me?

There have been so many changes recently. My little girl has become a little person. She can talk and sing and spell her name. She stands on a stool in the bathroom and brushes her own teeth. She can even brush her own hair. Now she doesn't even sit in the high chair anymore. She sits at the big girl table. She reads and listens to music in her room. The other day she lined up some stuffed animals and read them a story.




Soon, she'll be out of her crib and into a big girl bed. I don't think my heart can take it. I love everything about having a tiny little person in my house. I know it's fleeting so I sometimes stand outside her door and listen to her "read." I close my eyes sometimes when she's laughing hyserically to try to soak it in.

I love the sound of her laugh. I love her slobbery wet kisses. I love to sing little songs and do silly little dances with her.
I love to curl up on the couch and read stories with her. I love that she wants me to kiss her boo-boos. I love how she says "you'll never know dear, how much I lub you" when she sings You Are My Sunshine.

I'm not interested in 6-year-olds. I'm certainly not interested in teenagers. I like things the way they are right now. Can't they stay like this forever?


P.S. Everything went well Wednesday with Mike's surgery. The port is in place and should be ready for use at Tuesday's chemo.

No comments: