Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Back to chemo

We saw Dr. Neel this morning and he thinks Mike is ready to get back on chemo. He's put on a few pounds and is looking healthier. For the first round, which starts next week, he's going to just have one drug, instead of two, to sort of ease him back into things.

So, here we go again. Please keep your fingers crossed that he handles it well, because we really have to get back to the business of fighting this stupid cancer.


And on a really sad note, sweet Layla Grace, who I wrote about last week, died Tuesday. Her mom announced it like this:
Layla went to play with the angels early this morning. Rest in peace precious Layla. 11/26/2007 - 3/9/2010

My heart is breaking as if this little girl I don't even know is part of my family. I will continue to pray for her and her parents and sisters. This stupid disease sucks, really bad.


I'll leave you with a picture of Julia from the Strawberry Festival, where she refused to eat a single strawberry, even though they are her favorite things. She also has learned that they are called strawberries and not strawbabies. This makes me very sad. She's so grown up. We signed her up for preschool this week. She starts in August. Sniff.. sniff..




(photo by Andrew Knapp)

1 comment:

some asian guy said...

prayers up. we're with you all. (and your baby is turning into a little lady :-)