Thursday, November 22, 2007

So thankful




I've been complaining about how much I dislike my job and the hours I work so much, that I figured now would be a good time to reflect on some of the good things....

I mean, I am thankful for my family beyond words. There's the biggies like my health, their health, having my mom here, our home, our good friends (as far away as they might be).... Those go without saying.

But there are lots of little things to be thankful for, like

  • When Mike and I decided to start a family, I don't know how much further we thought past, well, we better get us a baby. Who knew God would give us one with the biggest most beautiful eyes (the color of which we still can't determine) and the most delicious chubby cheeks; who waves and says "baaaabeee" when she sees herself in the mirror; who snuggles on the couch in the morning to watch Sesame Street; who claps every time she hears music; who gets excited beyond belief when she sees her Nana; who can imitate a dog and a monkey; who splashes like crazy in the bathtub; who laughs so hysterically when you tickle her you can hardly believe the huge sound is coming from such a tiny being; who can identify her belly, her feet and her nose; and who has her dada's laid-back style and silly sense of humor and isn't a cranky nervous-nilly like her mama? We are so blessed.
  • All of my laundry has been washed, dried, folded and put away. That seems like a rarity these days.

  • I can finally fit back into my pre-Julia clothes. Some are even baggy!

  • There's a Law & Order marathon on TV today. Love that!

  • The newspaper is full of ads. My favorite part of the paper.

  • My turkey is a fully cooked one from Publix that requires nothing more than a few hours in the oven!

  • Pumpkin spice cheesecake bars! Yum-o!

1 comment:

some asian guy said...

that was very sweet. nice to hear your girl's of the laid-back nature. combine that with the possibility of a wealth of sports knowledge and maybe she should meet my nephew paolo in about 20 years -- he's just down the interstate from you guys.